DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

I need photo's of Dutton chassis, bare chassis if possible, unmodified if possible and they need to be done to a set of specs, anybody that can help?

I am going to get them drawn up in a CAD package so that you, the club member, can download a sectional picture and then sketch any modifications you wish to make on a plan before making them. I am going to start with my Phaeton chassis when I next go over the lock up, i'll post the photo's up so you can all see what I need. I will also need some measurements taken in millimetres so they can be drawn to scale. 

Anyone with a currently bare chassis project please get in touch and I'll give you details in advance.

Views: 1314

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

download a programme "Paint.net" its a free and very good photo editor...

ok having issues uploading

If you can email them to membershipsecretary@duttonownersclub.co.uk and I have the ability to insert them into the host space on the DOC website.

Have just sent anything missing shout and ill find out

just thought my find of the day may be worth mentioning  in this subject

whilst sorting some stuff and collecting  one melos from ,,wonderland  i came across a manilla folder i,d forgotten about and in it is a draftsmans drawing of a dutton ,melos, chassis including some measurements it was drawn by the first owner/builder of my ,melos,(no1) he was an engineer and lecturer at manchester university (so i was told and believe)

if its of use to you you may borrow it to copy but i would like it back to keep with the car

please let me know either way and also how i could get it to you ..

That would be superb Mike. What size is the blueprint at the moment (A4, A3?)

I have A3 copiers at work so no problem copying big papers. 

I could collect if you are going to Stoneleigh and fancy bringing them down, copy them at work and then ship back to you from work in a document tube by courier. If I can get access to the plotter I will get a much bigger set made (A1 or possibly A0) and put a copy of those in the tube too. The Melos chassis is very similar if not identical to one of the Phaetons so getting two cars done at once would be cool.

they measure about 40 x 30 inch,s and are folded up at the mo so would fit in a large envelope  if you pm me youre address i,ll post them to you then you can see what you make of them and post them back .it would be good to have a spare copy too

Part        Length mm         Box Size               End        To           End       

A             1190       65 x 40  END       to            C            

B             1040       40 X 40  A             to            A            

C             270         40 X 40  P/V        to            END      

D             1215       40 X 40  C             to            END      

E              560         40 X 40  D             to            D            

F              247         25 X 25  E              to            G             25MM FROM D

G             550         40 X 40  END       to            END      

H             390         25 X 25  Y              to            A             420MM FROM I

I               200         40 X 40  A             to            P             675MM FROM C

J              900         25 X 25  C             to            K            

K             230         40 X 40  D             to            V             885MM FROM C

L              265         40 X 40  E              to            END       35MM FROM END OF E

M            310         40 X 40  L              to            G            

N             140         40 X 40  O             to            L             

O             740         40 X 40  END       to            END      

P                             40 X 40                  to                           

Q             770         40 X 40  R             to            S             

R             1040       40 X 40  P             to            P            

S                              40 X 40                  to                           

T              100         40 X 40  S              to            END       425MM FROM P/V

V             970         40 X 40  P             to            O            

W            480         25 X 25  L              to            L             

does this help or am i way off base??

I'm not sure what the dimensions relate to with out the pictures but that's awesome. 

Those dimensions in conjunction with the photo's are exactly whats needed to produce accurate drawings.

will email a better scan of the pic's and the excel file from work tomorrowit will make much more sense. 

column 1 relates to which piece it is, column 2 is the length, column 3 is the size of the boxing and then the "end is if it does connect to anything or it has the letter of the piece it connects to

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service