DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

The car arrived yesterday after a bit of hassle getting it moved from Scotland. It looks solid and a good base for a project but as usual there is more work to do than originally planned.

The main jobs are, the brakes need freeing off, hardly any of the electrics are working, pedal box needs bracing as it flexes horribly, track control arm to replace, rear wheel bearing, cooling system to look at and fan to fit. The front bodywork has some bad cracks that need repairing. On the good side, i've had it running and it sounds sweet and I moved it in to the unit under its own power.

Views: 2523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bit off topic, Dave, that bit of advice you gave me about ply and fibreglass has worked a treat. Solid bulkhead.

Glad to be of help....fibreglass and ply bond very strongly together.

Seats properly bolted in today and harnesses fitted, gear stick shortened a touch and gaiter and knob fitted. List of jobs is getting shorter, aiming for MOT on the 25th, time will tell!

Quite a bit done this week. New boot hinges and catch have been fitted. Fuse box has been replaced with a blade one, rear lights wired up, rear fog and switch wired up, new connectors on all of the front lights and some bad joins (just twisted together and taped!) redone.

Electrics wise just windscreen washer to connect up and a 12v accessory socket to fit for sat nav. Other jobs before the MOT are steering rack lock stops to fit, front pads to change, clutch pedal stop to fit, number plates to fit, some bodywork and painting to finish, spot lights to fit and possibly a half shaft bearing to replace.

This is how the car currently stands

Still a few bits left to do and i'm not going to have a chance to do any more body work before Stoenleigh so it will be there in primer, provided it passes the MOT that is!

well from here those repairs look really good ....you have been busy since my last visit.

Good on you Pete. If I got the leggie through then you must be able to do it. Have you got one booked yet?

and the primer looks way better than my patchy gelcoat :)

Yep, it's on saturday!

New front pads fitted, washer jets and a 12v socket wired up tonight. Battery is on charge and that is preparations now complete!

hope to see you at the show Pete......

Good luck for tomorrow Pete. I'm sure it will be a straight pass with flying colours.

one last thing Pete... did you trim the N/S mudguard? and the heater turret?

I'd hate you to arrive at Stoneleigh with fresh cracks....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service