DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

The car arrived yesterday after a bit of hassle getting it moved from Scotland. It looks solid and a good base for a project but as usual there is more work to do than originally planned.

The main jobs are, the brakes need freeing off, hardly any of the electrics are working, pedal box needs bracing as it flexes horribly, track control arm to replace, rear wheel bearing, cooling system to look at and fan to fit. The front bodywork has some bad cracks that need repairing. On the good side, i've had it running and it sounds sweet and I moved it in to the unit under its own power.

Views: 2523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, they have been trimmed Dave!

It passed! advisories for oil leak from the diff and a perished rack gaiter

The rack gaiters looked ok, it was when I fitted the lock stops last week it didn't like being touched. I've got some new ones on order. Was really annoying to get so close to being at Stoneleigh only for it to fail on the morning we were going!

well done Pete, YipEEEEE!

Had a bit of fun getting it on the system, it's never had an MOT on the computerised system so at least 10 years since the last!

Dont go there, I'm still waiting to hear if mine is now on the system.

Well done Pete, Well done Daryl, 

Two more Duttons back on the road in the same day has got to be a good omen.

Do you lot think it's worth buying a couple of these and keeping a stock in case the supply dries up? I'm sure they won't take much space.

its really not difficult to make one from scratch.....i could recommend a good article for you to use ....

Well done another back on the road

After not making it to Stoneleigh because of this

A replacement dizzy has turned up today so should be back up and running over the weekend. Hopefully i'll have more luck with the show at Castle Combe next month. A few jobs to do before then, I want to get the digital dash fitted along with temperature gauge, fix the oil leak from the diff and re-align the rear axle.

now why do i have a feeling about an imminent body mod......to a heater turret? 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service