DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

here is a new trailing arm to put on the N/S to locate the axle better, a little more work and it will be ready to go on the car

it is slightly out of true, but it was cut and welded in to shape and another small cut and bending and it's done. It has to have a kink in it because the chassis is in the way, but it is the right length at 12 1/4 inches like the other three on the car.

Views: 504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I need some shockers next, they will have the "eye" bolt at both ends rather than the imp through peg arrangement it has, as the misalign on the rear shockers is part of the problem....anyone got some rear shockers? overall length of around 14" to take 10-12" springs. if not it will have to be new ones.

Dave

I have some coilovers which are too big for the legerra but sound like just the ticket for yours, will email details and photos later.

Hi Adrian, i laid those shockers along side the duff one i removed from my car and they are exactly the same length, so they will be fitted very soon, but not this weekend, unless it is raining.  even then i will have to order new springs, they are very hard but that is no hassle really. Thanks again and see you at Newark.

No problem Dave.

As long as the shocks are the right length thats half the battle won.

I have had word from the 'engineers' at SPAX. They say my shocks are too corroded to refurbish so I will have to replace them, supposed cost £244. Rang dampertech and they sorted me out for £120, WIN... delivered to work monday... WIN. Spax will be hearing from me in due course as I am a very miffed bunny at this present moment.

Note to all fellow dutton owners, dampertech are indeed a far superior company, easier to deal with, orders supplied off the shelf and no grey areas with warranties. They are obviously cheaper and more approachable cos they are from up north.

Current score is

SPAX 0 Dampertech 1

It would have been dampertech for me if you didn't have those you let me take from you....... they work out as 120lb/in springs with 2" preload (240lb) should be fine for me.......what springs you gone for?

Stuck with the existing springs for now and will see what the score is come payday.

Definitely having the front ones next month though.

My new home made coil spring rate tester will allow you to know where you are at...... you could always come round to my place for a coffee and check them.....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service