DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 21381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well you dont really have an excuse with all the adjustment you have built in!!  It is a great feeling, getting to know a new toy.   Time to put the Phaeton in your Avatar then Dave.    

A degree is divided into 60 minutes. .each minute is further divided by 60 seconds.....

So 15 minutes is 1/4 of a degree. .

Yep. Not only that, but the minute, being a sixtieth of a degree of latitude is also responsible for the definition of Nautical Mile and thus the knot!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautical_mile

Interesting fact for the day.....possibly

RESULT!

just put my car over an axle weighbridge kerb weight full (46L) tank of fuel.

Front axle 320kg

Rear axle 320kg

I pushed it over.....to get real weight.

Well pleased over 100kg lighter than my last one.

640 Kg, so about 600Kg dry weight. That is pretty good. With a light weight and a modern, efficient engine then you'll get a long way on tank full.

expecting about 45mpg....ish

Excellent work Dave :)

i need to do something with the ford immobiliser.......it works fine but is insensitive to my key......i may need to move it so that the sensor ring is in a better position for the ignition keys.....

other than that the car goes VERY well.

One of my old friends is a parts manager at a main ford dealers......so i asked him if he could get me coded key for my car as a spare..I gave him the registration and chassis number of the donor car and left it with him........

a few hours later he gave me a ring.....£32.50 + vat for the key and £90 for recoding! £90!

I went to ASDA and the key cutting stall near the entrance charges £40 all in.  Less than one third of the price. guess where i got my key from?

I also have a Tornau cover for a Dutton Phaeton S1/2 (also B+ and Malaga)  i will never use it.

Any interest PM me..... its in good condition (almost as good as new)

PM sent about the cover Dave.

PM sent in reply.... ;-)

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service