DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22549

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well here is some of what i have been doing today, more work to the interior. and the engine has been refitted. i am not sure that the front suspension is right yet and it might need some more work.

The dash is painted black so that i can change the colour with ease next year (Sandy still wants it orange, me i am still up for lilac/pink with black and chrome trimming)

the wood is a redwood 3mm ply and varnished or French polished it will look great. the centre bit is redwood at the bottom and will be black at the top to blend into the dash. The round hole to the left of the drivers dash is for my new headlight switch......

stickin with pinto then ,,,

No but i need to get the front suspension set up i am still “persuading “ my wife that your mondeo is a low cost engine swap.

since i have a week off some more progress,

i have also been stripping the bonnet to get rid of the gel coat cracks.....you would not believe the amount of paint stripper it has had, and the cracks are tiny whereas the surface cracks in the paint looked like the grand canyon....

only the bonnet top, the car will be sprayed the same colour again....

i have thought about fibre glass resin, or filler or more likely stopper now the paint has been removed (a bit more to get rid of)

dash is looking sweet

Cheers Danny, a bit more time and it could look better.....

i thought that i would finish fitting the dash today so it was two steps forwards and one back because i broke one of the wood trims for the centre dash section and i will have to remake it..grrr grrr

also experience has taught me its easier to trim the car with the dash out, so i have started fitting the interior trim and also the ally capping's to the door opening....

i will remake the dash trim tomorrow...always tomorrow

here are the new ally capping's bent and fitted...

Bit too late!!  I have kept meaning to tell you about; 4 way stretch carpet for the interior, a friend of mine used it to trim a camper van and recons it is great stuff to work with. As the name states, it stretches easily over different contours with out having to be cut about too much. Predominantly used in marine applications so it is water proof !!

were do u get it paul as got to redo my beetle and there is no strate lines in it lol

well the rewire has started the dash has been sat on the sitting room floor getting done, (easier to do in the warm and comfort)  i thought i had got all the switches fitted......when i got to the lights i noticed there was no dip switch....DOH!

I also have another important problem..... see below,

my battery was to fit down here....its about 1/8" too big i could unbolt things........

OR

this is the other place it could fit, if i reroute the top hose, but it does just fit between the radiator and expansion tank. well the battery is about 2" from the back of the radiator. far enough.....

What about a smaller battery Dave, I'm using one made by Banner, and measures  190mm wide x 127mm deep x 167mm high.  Quite compact.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service