DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22549

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i will be spraying it my self so pearlesant  colours may be a bit beyond my abilities.....tempted to try for a metallic colour though.

Pear lis easy. You can buy from ebay some nano flakes which are just about soluble in cellulose laquer and thats it, instant pearl effect, I've used it before on a Subaru I had and will be doing the Melos in it. Costs about £7 a jar so cheap enough if you don't like the finish to throw away. You don't need a lot in a gallon so test first then add more nano if needed. Faling that, try these guys, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1lt-Cadbury-Purple-Metallic-Bike-Motorbik... they do an amazing range of ready to use (RFU) paints, just pour and spray. They will do special order colours at usually the same price. I'm getting some metal flake black of them for my Celica at the same price as any other paint they do, which is cheap.

Cheers i am going to look into that.

looking at my first post (top of the page) its a good job that i did put a lot of extra bracing into the chassis, when i get the insurance sorted i will start stripping the car and post better pictures of the damage.....i am just waiting for the insurance company to settle the costs of repairs.

Pink and Lilac, have you got a friend working in the paint shop at First Bus?

no....but i knew i had seen the combination somewhere. I am thinking bright shouty pink and a dusky lilac on a horizontal split perhaps with white and black separating stripes.

Purple and Pink and Purple and burnt orange are both good combo's
Here's a pink haynes roadster to be getting on with!

Attachments:

I had better not paint my car dark green or black then  or any railway type colour , which tends to limit my choices

So its not going to be 'Southern' olive green and gold lining with varnished teak interior paneling and red moquette for the seats then!

No, dark prussian blue with red lining    varnished faced ply interior panels  and  light blue  moquette  for the seats, cost to me ?  a day spent clearing out my paint store and sorting out the mez  store where we keep the odds & sods from past restorations   

Maplins do a DOT matrix board, one on the front and one on the back with destinations on. Sorry Dave couldn't resist:-))

Looking good Dave

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service