DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't start on tenants. Last one got their "social worker" to tell us she was going to squat after served eviction. That's a government body backing them. Grrrrrr my rant over too.

Afraid don't have a spare set but word of warning as just bought these bits myself there are some well over priced items out there. Sometimes new items not much more. Rimmer bros good but mega £££££. Just investigating new company. Keep u posted.
Cheers for that John.

I've got a spare set Dave, i'll dig one out tomorrow evening

Life saver Pete......its all been a bit of a pain. on a side issue my brand new trunion joints are totally shot after only 1500 or so miles. must be duff ones.

Did you use the correct oil in them?

I use 1050 cylinder oil (also known as steam oil) but that was not the issue. the brass swivel part is fine its the nylon bush assy. that's knackered. its the part that you get in a trunion repair kit.

thanks pete ...i have sent you a PM .......

http://www.jamespaddock.co.uk/index.aspx

good ppl for triumph bits and there only round the corner from me in chester also do mail order

Have you tried TRGB?

Not yet but will look into it.

I had a little luck over the weekend and put a crafty bid on some shockers on ebay, i sniped them at 2 seconds and won them for £27 the 4....

I have springs a plenty and the shockers look in good nick so.....bargain i think.

HCD do a recon exghange service on those they are AVO,s ex brisca formula two stock car i had them on watch,,

check the welds around the eye,s they have an awfull habit of cracking ,,

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service