DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will clean some up tomorrow while i'm hopefully fitting new front suspension on the Sierra... IF it arrives :(

lol, You just need to add front fenders and lower rocker arms like mine.

Been a busy week off.....car isn't painted as I planned....but loads of mechanical stuff has been...

Here is my "fan belt " fitted....with my fabricated tensioner....the idler gear and tensioner were stripped and reused as a new tensioner the bracket some 4mm thick 30x30 angle iron.

I also have plumbed up all the brakes if I had bought some brake pads they would be bled up now....

Bottom rad mounts in place and I have my header tank.....but I cannot find my mounting bracket....bum!.

So I got on with the rest of the plumbing......

And  the focus heater rail is used....some more brackets needed.

looking very good that. its going to be one hell of a beast....:-)

the plumbing is not such a stress, but lots of other things have been....the battery is there to make sure that every thing fits as it should, and for some testing of electrics. it knackered and i dont think it will start the car.
almost all of the mechanical stuff is sorted now....i need to fabricate an exhaust and i need to fit the fuel pipes....then i can think about seeing if it will start. and it needs some paint....
the colour this year will be Nissan 526 red......the same colour that my Malaga B+ was.

I have spent 3 days trying to update my post by adding some pictures but they just won't upload! 

Is anyone else having issues with the site? 

no all good here 

Dave, I had the same problem when I upgraded to Windows 10. Now that I have done all the Microsoft 10 upgrades it works just fine. When I had the problem I would have to add a new photo as my profile photo and then convert it to a new file photo.

one day OK another seems very slow, yesterday down nearly all day.

Bottom hose in as well....

long pipe runs but oOK. .

radiator is I believe ford fiesta. ...

I will of course have to tidy up a little and stick a paint brush on some things.....but the pipes and brackets are galvanised so they won't rust too quickly I hope.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service