DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i only asked about paint as you seem to have got very good reults in the past

i used to respray trucks and coach,s as part of my job  but i,v never been to happy with some of the paints i,v used  but 2k is very good but can be deadly stuff  ordinary polyurathane gives ok results as it felxes with classfibre but take,s for ever to harden off

celly  became hard to get not long since as they were trying to phase it out in favour of water based ,, but i believe that the water based  hasnt caught on

have you got a good local supplier for paint ? (i,m still finding my feet in this area)

I wasn't trying to be funny with you.....Oooops :-(

cellulose is still fairly easy to get hold off as its still legal for cars where it was an original finish, its just tricky to use commercially. You can get good results from the smooth hammerites, but colour choices are limited.

The water based paints require drying ovens so are not practical for hobby use.

There are at least 3 celly paint suppliers within 5 miles of my home and it really isn't hard to get. if you have problems maybe i can help....but you wont have problems i am sure, Hull isn't that far from civilisation that things are different here ;-)....

well i,m looking for something close to the dutton  orange  which i,ve found out  is actually called  pirate red ,,,

something thats easy to use with limited equipment as i havnt got properly set up here yet  suppose i,v got more to do before i get to paint the shell  but i,v started ,,lol

take a small sample to the paint suppliers they will be able to match it.

do you know any good supplier in the scunny area ?

p.s sorry if i,m being a pest ,,

I will check it out for you but hull is only 1/2 an hour away and ferriby or is it winterton is even closer perhaps i bring you some.

Jawel paints are good Mike, if you know the paint code, they make and send any quantity you require, including aerosol cans. they have depo's all over the place.

kettle,s always on if youre passing  towards scunny,,just turn left before the petrol staion at winterton and were about 700yrds down on the right ..

Know it well. you may just get a call some time soon. Dave

thanks paul i,v heard of and may have used jawel in the past but i havnt got a paint code for it

i think i best start a thread on this melo, re-birth instead of blocking up dave,s

what engine have you been running ?? what are you planning to run ,,

Currently a new 2.0 pinto. and plan for any V6 or V8

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service