DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe they are....
Similar enough that it can be adapted anyway.......

there is.......never thought of that.....DOH!

Isn't the legerra roof hoop different to the Phaeton S1, My S3 hoop was different to the S1. Might explain why the hood doesn't fit right?

Looks to be the same.....fitted right in and from memory it looks the same as my old S1
I have been looking to reducing it's height by 20mm or so....should cure the misfit issue...or using this as a pattern and adapting it to suit.

not for sale. was going to meashure it lol

if your wanting a real one dave id put it on dutton owners kit cars iv picked up allsorts off their :-)

well now i have a roof bar....(thanks Daryl....) i have started to fit my soft top....its a new one i have had for about 6 years still in its original box from (polyfacto?) and its really badly made.

it has not enough depth at the rear of the door opening to meet with the wing top. now i have seen quite a few Dutton hoods that show this problem. the roof edge half an inch above the wing top ....flapping in the wind.  Also the darts in the roof that gives the roof its shape over the roof bar are not even opposite each other. Not that either are in the right place to fit the roof bar to fit as it should. i may have to fit the roof as best i can, and see to having a new one made locally, (at least two companies in Hull) one is very good but expensive. it cant hurt to ask though.

made another roof bar today.......lower by 1/2"......roof is just a crap fit if it will fit at all. it really is terrible. might have to use my hardtop for a while.

i may have to get a new roof made. if i fit the roof in the two corners at the front top of the windscreen and stretch it to the rear it is short by 1" or so, the door apertures still dont fit right.... if i stretch it so the door lower edges fit the cockpit it ends up with an ugly crease over the door that no amount of stretching would get rid of. and the doors will never seal. it would leak water via the crease.

who made that then dave. name and shame 

its an old one.......so it can only be a Polyfacto hood....You would expect it to be better.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service