DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

on its wheels and able to driven out of the garage under its own steam......

it is LOW though, i planned for 4" under the spoiler......and its got exactly that...it needs a little more i think.

only 23" to the wheel arch.....i can add about 1" without stiffening the springs.

its even quite low at the rear...but OK.

to the door tops its just 40". much smaller than i remember.

love it ...

With 4" under the front, what height / gap is there between the side panels and the ground?
4" at the rear of the front wheel arch.....rising to 6" at the rear......

I put a 20mm hard rubber spacer under the top shocker mount.....it lifted the front by 25mm at least.

To give you an idea.....I am about 5'6" high.....

What is the distance between bottom of the sump and the ground Dave?

Ah....well there's the issue....I need to modify the sump pan...as it stands today it has about 3 1/2" a bit low.....getting a spare sump and pick up pipe this weekend.

the wheels are 185/65 X 14 zero offset (ET 0) to the rear axle. and 185/65 X 14  ET 19 for the fronts. i have 2 or 3 spare rear wheels and only one spare front wheel....so not a complete set to sell......

Nice picture of the near side in profile......wipers doors and roof fitted. May need a 120° gear wheel for the lucks wiper motor....90° isn't sweeping enough screen. :-)

Got them front wheels centered nicely Dave, well done....... difficult buggers those wheel arches are.

Looks good mate.

Thanks Paul.....I am particularly pleased with the rear deck ...i spent ages getting it level. Along with the front spoiler it sits level both to the road and to the body.....the spoiler needed some 15-20mm lifting on the N/S. the rear boot section to get level to the road was lifted 20+mm on the O/S. the boot now sits level. the down side is the wheel arches are at a different height. but that is only apparent if you look one side then the next.

That looks really good - low and mean, Dave. The slant on the hardtop makes it look a bit like a hot-rod. It is a good look.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service