DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Clocks sprung forward, the weather sprung back, tipping it down, blowing a hoolie and cold, could it be Easter is coming, all the campers are getting excited at pitching in the rain etc. I want to blast about in the B+. Looks like a  day in the cave.

Views: 2862

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you'd need a drysuit here at the moment, I was 12 feet inside the garage and the rain still got me ! Horizontal in the wind, strange world down here at the moment ! I blame those Melos chaps :-))

Just checking in, for those who may be concerned about reports of flooding in Lancashire. 

Evidently a 20ft 'pothole' has opened up in the M62... now I've seen potholes and 20ft wide! that ain't no 'pothole'.

A lot of the area round here has been hit pretty hard so my thoughts and best wishes to those who maybe in the path of mother nature right now.

I know Dave T is on the 'at risk' list as he has a beck at the bottom of his pond garden. Stay safe guys.

Its not the first around the Manchester area, there have been quite a few in the past couple of years, normally under roads but sometimes they crop up in the oddest of places.

14/08/2015     

21/03/2014

Yeah, stay safe guys. Dry and very windy down ere. Swim went ahead in the harbour but surfing was abandoned due to it being to ruff !!

It's still in the 80's here in Florida. 80's for Christmas? Not cool. I love driving the Dutton in the 70's which is where it should be. Missing Winter.

Looks from the news that there is heavy flooding less than 2 miles from us. its when you know that the flooding thats visible must be going somewhere lower and its a local school and some factories like Indespension at Horwich thats next in the line of targets.

Aye, Manchester and the surrounding area have been properly deluged, lots of river banks burst and the Manchester ship canal (which is as wide as the Thames in places) is testing its limits.

Cumbria has been walloped again and it looks to be working it's way south across Staffordshire and Derbyshire at the moment.

nothing at all here in sunny barnsley....

Very wet and windy down here, Southerly and very mild though.

Well from my nice comfy seat in the office it looks like a summers day outside, not a cloud in sight. Appearances are of course deceptive and the surrounding areas seem to have been hit badly yesterday. For those of you that are interested in this sort of chaos here are some links.   

BBC News link     

Manchester evening news link     

Met office says thats it for the next few days at least so hopefully HMG will pull its collective finger out and do something for those affected by the floods. I think the scariest ones are the little footbridge with the burning gas main and the collapsed 200 year old pub.

Wow! Batten down the hatches, my Palm trees are bent almost horizontal this morning. Just starting to rain heavy as well. Very high tides mean the rivers can't dump the water. Take care all.

Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Melos Party martin??? Leave the EU?? I hope not. Plant more trees thats the answer, do you know how water a tree drinks and one tree keeps 4 humans alive every day. Easy answer is build a big dome over the UK.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service