DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

just found this in my ginnel behind my melos. i think someone has droped in their with a chopper :-)

Views: 3605

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol its pretty small allready...

nope. the ones im fitting are about 50mm lower than the old ones. dunno last driver must have been a dwarf. wondered why them wood blocks were on pedals :-)))

nooooooo :-)

why dont it miss my left leg then. ....im only 5.11 i cant understand it daryl 

lol. so its chop and weld on the rack bkt then. are well more mods..still better than wires :-))

My 2p's worth based on the two Sierra's I've restored.

1. Make sure the column goes between the clutch and brake pedals.
  2. Replace the wheel with a shallower dish.
  3. unbolt the bracket you wanted to cut.
  4. Pull the whole assembly into the car by enough so the bracket will clear the crossrail.
  5. make new support to fix column into place.

End result, wheel lifted, steering effort reduced (in theory), better line of sight to instruments, less knee wear.

Please note, this may require modification to the floor (lower column support) to get the length and angle required to keep the column parts as you have them now.(you will need to raise the lower column bush/support possibly drill a new hole and plug the old one.

cheers ade. didnt know you had done two sierras ,,you must be mad :-))))

Certifiable Brian....

HPG128K and Q365UWP

Both needed column correction but only HPG got documented.

some good pics their ade :-)

Fit side impact chassis rails !
Sit in the car an look where the bolts are in the floor are bolting to the chassis rail
You will see them in-between your legs,that's where the chassis is an the first bit of solid metal another car will contact in the event of a side impact
All mine have rails 90deg to the main rails ,one behind the front wheel an the other in front of the rear with one running for an aft connecting them at the very outside of the bodywork

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service