DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

just found this in my ginnel behind my melos. i think someone has droped in their with a chopper :-)

Views: 3605

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So the speeds in the gears (at 6300 rpm red line) 32, 55, 83, 118, 142. The maximum speed in 4th would be 98mph at 5200 rpm (pretty close to max power), in 5th the maximum would be 93mph at 4100 rpm. At 70mph you should be using 3100 rpm in 5th and will be give you spare power to climb an 8.6% incline (i in 12) which is steeper than any incline on any motorway I've met. Fully loaded (with a total of 500Kg) would allow you to climb only 5.6% incline at 70mph in 5th.

0-60mph should take 8.5 seconds with only the driver. 0-62mph would be 9.1secs. A standing 1/4 mile 16.6 seconds with a terminal speed of 80mph. You should get 30-31 mpg at 70mph and 40 mpg at 55mph.

If you changed the rear axle to the more common 3.89:1 then it only makes 0.1 s improvement in the 0-60 time but raises the revs to 3400 in 5th at 70mph. It makes little difference to the fuel consumption but increases the maximum speed in 5th to 95mph and reduces the maximum in 4th to 96mph. So either ratio works quite well. If you wanted to put bigger wheels and chunkier tyres then you'd be better off with the 3.89:1, but I rather like it just how it is now, once those wheels are polished!

[If you are wondering why my numbers disagree with the figures in the calculator that BV used, it is mostly due to a difference in the tyre radius. My experiments suggest that at the effective radius is about 1/2" less than the unloaded radius. My experiments were very low speed, so might not be correct but they seem to be borne out by GPS at 70mph.]

thankyou so much james looks like i have a little beast on my hands here....and mpg not that bad ..... cant wait to get her running ......:-))))

All this theorizing is fine however its got the aerodynamics of a paving slab held upright... 

Mine has a 3.89:1 diff but stupid wheels. Acceleration is average but you have to be nifty with the gear stick because it eats gears until you hit 4th and 5th. It will exceed 70 if pushed but the fuel consumption really suffers at 70. 66mph is just about 2800 rpm at which point its quite a happy little truck.

i for one will not be going 155mph in it lol. thanks guys.....:-)

Mine hit 80 on the Speedo, and that was a 1300, BUT, you had to hang on for dear life, things started shaking and vibrating, my son reckoned it was like being depth charged in an old U boat :-))

ha ha ha thats so funny ha

At 98mph, approximately 90% of the resistance is aerodynamic and YES it is included. I am not so sure that any of the Dutton range is good aerodynamically, most kit cars with flat near-vertical windscreens are pretty bad.

ok. battery off. (prob dead). plugs out cleaned and gapped. 5m redex down each pot. plugs hand tight for now. dist cap off cleand up and rotor arm. see you in 24 hrs. for a hand turning hopefully. oh and its now officially a barn find. as i have a mouses nest in the sound proofing material under the bonnet....(now gone).....:-))))

If it was me, I'd get turning it over now. By hand you will do no damage, just take it slowly, that way the redex can coat the bores and get around the rings.

When you got a good battery, first thing is to try and get fuel pumps running clean, you should hear them or it pulsing, pulsing fuel around the system. Find and change any filters, get yourself some Easy Start. Clear for take off !!

cant get back to it today....keeps p ing down. got a new battery today. ill look for the filters tmz. its bloody packed under that bonnet. hard to find anything...:-))

thats a state of the art bonnet stay...:-)

master cylinder. its leaking. are these seals part of a kit or can you buy them on their own....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service