Finally got the job going, I have put up with an oil leak since we did the Lakes in March, but Thursday night run out with Steve saw a flashing oil light and a constant drip (Oh and the grief at home because of the state of the block paving and oil stain), but mainly the flashing NO OIL PRESSURE Light was the prompt.
So to Ade's to pick up a 1300 sump, and so to work.
The idea is sample, cut 2" of the sump bowl off split it down the middle, move these to each side drill and cut slots into the new botton edge of the sump and re-attach, then fill in the holes with flat plate. no less of oil capacity and 2" gained in clearance under the car.
Well that's the plan, sounds simple when you say it. Keep watching, it may be a good laugh;-)