DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

A bit confused with the comment some one sent re this listing "Hi, I've been researching your chassis vin tags and I cannot believe it, you have unearthed the holy grail of duttons, this chassis is the very first ever to be made without q identity,I do not believe there is an earlier type alive today.i think as there's only 1 hr to go you seriously reconsider selling for anything less than market value,I'd be tempted to hold out for at least insurance value, which may top out around twelve thousand pounds.this is only an estimate though as very difficult to put a price on such a rare vehicle. definately worth more than what listing is selling for.if you do keep it on ill certainly be bidding,so hope to see you soon. Thanks"

My confusion is the chassis plate photo does not show any marking, plus £12,000 !!  what is he on?

Also,  the V5 or any paperwork is missing!

Out of interest, can anyone (Ade?) tell from the number plate on the pictures - GDO 876N - whether this is genuine.

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

is he still trying to claim its worth £12,000 ?

Going by his track record, i wouldnt take anything he states as being fact,  i would be very weary , it would most likily be only fit for parts. didnt he say the chassis was rotten?  in which case it could only be a source of spares, because if you weld up a new chassis, wouldnt it need IVA even if it was a direct copy? 

s1/2 being broken

unfortunately for me its in Devises as it has a 5 speed and a good bonnet with spoiler both useful to me.....

Car isn't a S4 its a eagle ,look at the chassis,top wishbones,dampers ect

He's in the membership pending file here asking info on the car. Told him to contact the DOC

Is it just me or does the rivet head on the chassis plate look very bright and shiney ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service