DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Can use this post for all the quickies that dont need their own discussion or blog title.

Happy ramblings  :-))

Views: 481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No just do what I do and book the car in for an MOT near your house and drive home

You are covered if you are driving to an MOT,You can MOT at any time and at any garage ,there are no distance limits

So use the system against them !

P.S don't forget to cancel your MOTappointment once you get home !

a grand plan ....except the mot station should be within a reasonable distance of the location it sets off from, the old bill are wise to folks trying to drive a car long distances to an MOT.

maybe once Rob, but not any more, has to be the nearest available MOT station to the registered address- reason to prevent people doing what you've just said - got away with just a talking to though :-)

Nearest available is what I was told as in the nearest one you could get an MOT at rather than the nearest test station (eg sat morning can be busy) but if you decide the 'nearest' one is 50 miles away then they wont wear that -and they do check!  I found out 'cos I got caught DOH!

also last year i had three potentially legal cars but only able drive one at a time.....so i insured one and taxed it, then i "broke" one car and it was off the road for a short time so i transferred the insurance and taxed it and then was told i needed to return the tax for the off road car even though it was off the road for only as long as it took to fix it (just over two weeks) because it had no insurance so i transferred the insurance back (yet another cost!!!) and then had insure a car for a full year even though i planned only to use it for a few weeks. i was prepared to leave the tax on the car for just such another emergency how ever........i ended up insuring two cars for a year and taxing two for the same 6 months for what? to prevent what crime? all my cars are parked on my drive when at home so what possible offence am i committing?

its a long wished for additional tax burden the government has been dreaming off for years and for the bogus reason of preventing uninsured drivers from driving AS IF IT WOULD we all suffer and the government gets some extra tax.

As well you know Dave insurance applies to the car, if you want to be able to drive more than one you have to insure more than one - its always been that way - which is why I've had two full insurance policies since 1994. You can't just swap from one vehicle to another willy nilly - and for two weeks  Dave -surely the transfer fee wasn't worth it! If you have three cars and you want to use any one of them at any time then they ALL have to be road worthy which means Tax, MOT, Insurance. If you don't want the cost of three cars don't have three cars.

Gosh can I have an invite to your world vern...........
The £20 insurance tranfer fee is a lot cheaper than a full years insurance.

Its all part of automating the system, Being rolled out in 2014 - buying your road tax monthly by DD. is meant to stop people not paying their tax. The system will also sorn automatically if insurance or mot expire.

When you sell a car you enter that date online thus telling DVLA who now has the car - no need to sorn. You will only need to apply for sorn when you want to lay a car up. Remember SORN is a declaration you will not use the car on the road and those that do will be fined heavily and get 6 points as well :-( 

If you stop the insurance you must declare sorn or it will be assumed you are using the car un-insured and stiff penalties are to be imposed on those who do. If you buy a car before you have sold your old one as many people do, you will find most insurance companies offer extra cover facility usually for a month so both your cars are covered, after all who in their right mind would want to be trying to sell a car with it not insured?

As for those bone idle coppers Dave they were replaced years ago with speed camera's :-/ 

That'll be seen as ringing Mr K you go to jail for that!

My first Sierra is still taxed (historic) but  out of MOT, and not insured,  its on private land with no front struts, engine, gearbox or prop, i was going to let the tax disc run out then SORN it , but because of  what Alfie posted ,although i've not had a letter from the DVLA, i'm wondering if i should do it now, what do you guys think ?

If it cannot be used on the road then SORN why wouldn't you?

Any links to the new laws ???

People on piston heads and a Ford forum I go on know anything about it ???

Everyone seems to be of the opinion that there is no cap on distance-thou few people seem of the opinion that the police don't know the correct interpretation of the law

Even if you did have to go to nearest station once you have bought the car and got the new owner supplement its registered address is your house anyway !!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service