DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

nipped out to pick up some Dolly sprint "bits" today and he has this for sale, now I have a hatred of TR7's, but could grow to like this one.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1980-Triumph-TR7-V8-4-6-litre-SUPER-CHARG...

Views: 1349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would take a V8 nicely.

"v5 present" mmmmm wonder what it says on it thou ? That car has never been finnished /registered
Good base for a project,would love to take a moulding off that rear end

It has a number plate on the rear "WME 388 G". Not that that is a guarantee of provenance - that registration isn't down as either a Triumph or Dutton on the government 'check your tax' web page.

Its never been registered as a Dutton, not been taxed since the computer was introduced = DVLA don't have an active data file for it so the system returns 'not found' even though the number is registered to the herald.

It says...

Triumph

Herald

13/60

And the headlamp pods they're made of unobtainium now too

Source of headlamps was?.....

They were Vauxhall viva/Austin allegro etc - several cars used them, in the '70's The pods were made by Dutton IMS.

Be interesting going for your 1st mot in your "herald", see what happens
Think the light pods are the same as used on the Midas bronze,think the late Charlie Dodd had a mould for them

Hi Rob, no midas ones are a lot different and 'very square' the dutton b type/ b plus were specific to dutton. Sadly many people ditched them for the round 7" lotus seven look.

I notice a custom fuel tank, and on the front "horn" a number, I've blown it up, chopped it and still cant get the focus right to read it. No bids mean people are wary of it, still, early days.

Are they the right front wings ? Cant see the little indent for the side light on proper Dutton ones

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service