DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

The car arrived yesterday after a bit of hassle getting it moved from Scotland. It looks solid and a good base for a project but as usual there is more work to do than originally planned.

The main jobs are, the brakes need freeing off, hardly any of the electrics are working, pedal box needs bracing as it flexes horribly, track control arm to replace, rear wheel bearing, cooling system to look at and fan to fit. The front bodywork has some bad cracks that need repairing. On the good side, i've had it running and it sounds sweet and I moved it in to the unit under its own power.

Views: 2523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found online and ordered a clevis that is 20mm longer than the current one and hopefully means I won't need a join. If it's not long enough i'll be touch Steve!

odd pete, i can see your words in the front page but when i click on the link it is blank......

That's really weird! I also had a notification saying Adrian had replied and that seems to have vanished too? I've re-done the above post so hopefully it will be there now!

Vanished again! I'll try a fresh post

Dave Adams came down again yesterday to give me a hand to get a bit further with the bodywork. We did some filling and some priming. I still need to do a little bit more rubbing back before a top coat can go on. I also now have my pedals pretty much all sorted, just need to cut and re-weld the the brake and clutch pedal as they are at the wrong angle for the low driving position.

Some pictures of the progress from yesterday

Filling

Some primer going on

The nearside arch that had a really bad repair came out really well

Looking good Pete, fiberglass is great stuff to work with....... keep up the good work sir.

I second our Paul's comment, good stuff. Oh for a dry workspace (sigh)

That N/S wheel arch actually fell off with very little effort and had to be rejoined.....it is now much stiffer than the O/S wing which is as Dutton made them....thin and floppy.

we managed to get a near invisible repair done, likewise the front spoiler.....it was also in a rough state, and the "repairs" done to it by the previous owner were as effective as gaffer tape only less well stuck on.

Looking good Pete, I hate bodywork, just dont seem to get it looking good once the top coat goes on, maybe I should leave it in primer and clearcoat that.

Managed to get some time on the car today. As the pedals are all sorted I put the steering column back in. I then drilled and cut the holes for the new rear lights and I got the fan mounted properly on the radiator. A few more jobs ticked off.

all that effort to block up the rear light holes and you go and cut holes in them,,,,,,,  ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service