DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22549

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yep thats them  i almost spelt it right ,,

I am currently getting kits made up by floflex for various models of dutton. These may be available at a discounted price either through the club or using the club as a reference when ordering - dont rush out and buy anything yet I might be able to score a deal on the prices.

Ade

Cheers guys, keep me posted Adrian as will be after a full set. Sorry for hikacking the thread Dave!

Hijacking even!

No problems.

this weekends progress....

here are the side modifications to the scuttle to help seal the door to the side of the car.....

the new glove box door, (the glove box fascia is also the same wood) but is masked off at the moment...

the new centre part to the dash / transmission tunnel will have the heater controls and some of my clocks in as well as a new hazard switch.

I have also remounted the boot/bonnet levers and locks, more or less where it used to be.

and i broke the plastic tip off my triumph indicator switch......bummer. however Sandra had a couple bottles of eye liner  with nice tops on them.....not any more one of them donated its top for my indicator stalk.

Progressing well Dave, what seat belts do you use and how are you going to mount them? I have just beefed up the rear cross member that the release buckles bolt to.

well i thought about new inertia belts mounted centrally (over the transmission tunnel) but will probably stick with static belts, but new ones off ebay £20 a set....

dave,, what is the name of that green  its too suttle to be kwak,, green .. it isnt rover lincoln green by any chance ?? as i found two new 2.5litre tins of lincoln green celly up at ,,wonderland,, the other day..

its a Vauxhall opal colour...it was Vauxhall Bright Green, then i chose a slightly lighter colour which is opal 321 i like it a lot.....

well i wonder what to do with two tins of green  celly,,,,,,,lol,

Looking through my box of bits and pieces i have found what looks like a mk2 cavalier headlight switch (black rotary) it has 5 spade terminals on it so out came the multi meter to check how it all works....luckily it is also numbered with the Bosch wiring code...

it has:

30 (battery +ve)

31 (battery -ve)

56 (lights dip)

58 (lights sides)

one terminal unnumbered.....the unnumbered terminal and 31 are both copper coloured the others are silver so there is a bit of a clue there....

terminal 30 connects to terminal 58 in position 1 and to 56 + 58 in position 2,  terminal 31 and the unnumbered ones are connected when the switch is pulled out (in any position) so my plan is to have two relays in series to power the head lights (rather than the two in parallel i have at  the moment)   so when the dips are selected it will activate the first 4 pin relay which will supply the dip beams via a 5 pin relay, pulling the switch to activate the other pair of contacts will switch the 5 pin relay over to main beams, if these two contacts are supplied from terminal 56 the 5 pin relay will only activate when the lights are powered up.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service