DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it was Pete.....Sandra really liked it. 

hows yours looking?

If i do this again, the indicator pods may also go.........

this weekends progress......unfortunately i had to work today 04:45 - 12:45, so i stuck my patch into the bonnet and then started to fiberglass it in.

once gaffer taped into place the glassing starts.......from below.

and...

once i was happy with the hole repair....i tried the spoiler, it needed a fair bit of "adjustment"....

its further back by about 2"

not too bad i think, i need a load of bodyfiller now.......

i decided to increase the length of the bonnet bulge.....so there is a bit of a mismatch with the hump.....more body filler but it should look good.

That front, the one from John?

Possibly this one in a previous life?

Thats the one ......only it had a bid hole in the top when i got it.

the weekends work....i have made some bonnet hinges, they are sat in a "U" channel and will be secured with a single bolt and bracket each side.

the plank of wood has been glued onto the spoiler and will be secured wit some countersunk bolts as well as being fully sealed in with fiber glass.

and......

so i painted it all in primer to check the "lines"....and........

you can see the bonnet to the drivers side (the left in this picture)  it is not quite right.......so i am filling it with LOADS of body filler. unfortunately it is going off VERY quickly in today's heat.

Its a dark art to me Dave, you just about get it right and then hey presto you spot something in a different light and have to have another go.

Have you followed ' Project Binky' ?   I love his flip front gizmo, am tempted to have a play myself :-)

My last S1 used to look a bit lop sided at the front and i never got to the bottom of it.....

I spent ages getting my bonnet level on the top of the headlights.....they are 3mm different (low on the drivers side) but pretty much level....

but you can see the spoiler is higher on the drivers side as well....it is its 13mm higher....and the reason why is the bottom of the headlight to the bumper, its different by 13mm........and its the same on my spare bonnet. i will have to alter it as it annoys me.

can a few of you measure yours and see if it is a common problem?

Took the spoiler off and packed it out against the bumper on the passenger side by almost 15mm to get it level to the headlights. ..indicator pods need to go now because it is too small on that side now.....ho hum

hopefully you can see that the spoiler is level and is now parallel to the top of the headlights.......

it meant that the indicator pods had to go....the spoiler was raised by over 15mm on the right of this picture.

it also required me to remake my bonnet hinge....a proper hassle as it was bonded onto the rear of the spoiler.

its taken all day today and a few hours yesterday to get it all done.

yup....its to remind me that it is a Dutton...i dont want to make it too good.... :-)

not sure yet.....probably let into the bumper.......so oblong.... i think.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service