DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have thought about the motorbike route but only for the quad headlights

i have been asked about spark plugs for a V6 essex engine what is the correct plugs.

Champion N9Y

Thankyou...
Sat the car on some wheels today and dont sit level......so i measured the springs on the front one is 10.25 mm dia. spring wire the other is 11mm .........they must be different spring rates. So off they come.

its a long process rebuilding a car........

this is without the engine fitted......good job i fitted new front adjustable shockers (Spax, bought for £10 the pair....bargain!)......they (the tyres on the car) are also 80 profile tyres and its getting 65 profile tyres...that will help.

its getting there.....

i have the headlights level.......but the wheel arches are not the same, its SO annoying.......

my brake pedal offset extension is coming along nicely............

Suddenly looks like a car again Dave :-))

not much done over the last few weeks, but today i managed to get some stuff done......

so you can see i have been busy making my master cylinder brackets......it alll seems to work. it does want some link rods making but the basics are there.......

so i also looked at the fuel tank situation........its been on hold for a while but its reared its ugly head now and i need to sort it.......i acquired a Morris 1000 fuel tank and its sound but works out to about 6 gallons or so and i want a bigger range on my car than that. so its up for grabs if anyone needs one.....

so  next i looked at the steel i have and i have a sheet of 1 mm steel 39" square, that's enough to make a tank 80 cm by 18 cm by 28 cm which comes to about 46 liters......or about 10 gallons old money.

i clamped the steel  between some steel box section and bent it into shape......

a little welding and its done.....i hope.

oops 80 by 32 by 18 cm or 46,080 cm cubed....46 liters....

not 28 as posted above....

a lot of welding this weekend, all thin steel sheet 1mm thick and its been "fun"

and......

a buzz over with a flap disk and its going to look great, now i need to get the internal swirl pot fitted and the fuel pump / fuel sender etc. planning where to cut the tank to fit it is taking a little time.

the "burn" marks in the middle of the tank are where the baffle has been fitted.......incase your wondering.

once i have fitted the swirl pot and fuel pump the final tank end will be fitted along with a fuel filler and a breather pipe. 

Have you tested it for porosity yet Dave?  When I made my sump pan, I was sure the welding was good all the way round. But when i filled it with paraffin, there were tiny seeps everywhere, so I ended up running some braze on the inside.   

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service