DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good news.....my log book has arrived......bought the car 1/9/12 and it has just been issued. Now I need to SORN it....

One marvels at how the DVLA actually justify their wages sometimes Dave...

Did the covering letter do the trick then?

must have done, they have recorded the Chassis number as it is on the car, and the registration is the same as when i bought it...TTW770R.

the log book only gives it as a Dutton, no variant or type listed......(not as i was informed over the phone......) but its not an issue it can be updated. despite telling them that the engine was changed to an 1800 it still gives it as a 1147cc. 

also it states that the car is red.......so for the first year it just might be red, who knows next year?

Yeah that might be it...☺☺

Finally finished the gearbox mods.......it can be put back together and the engine can go back in the car.....

well that is the plan......once i find what i can use for a clutch fork pivot point.......as it is missing from the bell housing.

But it looks like it will do.

Looks good Dave, out of interest, why did the starter motor have to go up there? 

Can you remind me why you done that Dave (Danny) I genuinely forgot :-) do you need to remove the lower starter hole?

Steve....It's getting left...but it will get covered over.
Several reasons.....
1; I had the starter's and they were designed to work with the zetec.
2; replacement starter's are easy and cheap to find....CVH starter's not so......
3; starter is up out of road spray...
4; it's also away from the exhaust.
5 CVH starter's can give a little trouble on tuned engines....for when I get round to it ☺

Well after 6 or so weeks of nothing done to my car i have made a start again.....

the bulkhead is just about done......so engine and gearbox in today i hope....

all joints have been fiberglassed for extra strength and the weather proof the insides (and to cut the engine fumes off from the interior..)

the pedal box top need some work boxing it in with a removable lid to facilitate the clutch able replacement......

I have fitted 1/4" ply to the front of the transmission tunnel to assist me in fitting the heater unit (easier to fix it too.)

Send me down a bag of enthusiasm Dave, seem to have misplaced mine. Post Christmas depression or some like ailment.

Very limited supply round here as well .....☺☺

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service