DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Well here we go, chassis fabrication work has now been completed and as you can see from the pic below has been stripped back down for final welding and capping of any open box sections, this will start tonight, the roll bar will be cut off again (only tacked on) and sent away for chroming. Rivnuts will be fitted along the bottom chassis rail for the mounting of the side skirts ( stolen the idea from our German friend Jorg )

Two coats of POR15 will then be applied ...........

Views: 1981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mr G's is a better format Mike for a rebuild post, similar to MMM. My whole rebuild is on there from day one and doesn't disappear off the bottom, this forum is great for general chit chat, and  I don't see the point in doubling up everything. 

ok, thanks ,

i wont be around here much longer anyhow , all my dutton, stuff has to go ,,== disheartened , owner ,,

Another day spent  filling and sanding, filling and sanding, sanding, sanding and yet more effin sanding !!!!  Was very pleased with the re modelling of the holes where the spring hangers were, until I placed the rear lights in to see what it looked like, :-( out with the filler again and a bit more re modelling, but am getting there slowly.  

You're beginning to worry me Paul, it's all a bit hi tech....

Just sticking to the game plan laid down when I started  the project ....... The S2 basically will look, as it was intended to look by the factory, even down to the CF rear lights ..... but be reliable and comfortable to drive, OH and go like stink :-)))))))

Ade I'm scared. That's going to be one serious car "Just like a Golf" Paul well done can't wait to see it finished.

Change of plan with the paint,  I thought I'd got passed all this indecision lark :-((    Having sprayed up four panels with different shades of BRG, I had decided on Pine Green, but the more I looked at it, the more I decided that it just didn’t work for me.  So I have now made the decision to do a metallic paint scheme, but of course, still keeping British Racing Green.

So after trawling through many pictures on Google images for the right colour, finding what I wanted and even managing to get a paint code for it, I called Jawel paints in Birmingham, they advised me that it could not be supplied in cellulose, but would have to be a coloured Polyester Basecoat with a 2K Clearcoat. They mixed up the paint and put it in an aerosol can, and sent it to me along with a can of clear coat,  for me to try, ……….. BINGO ….. just what I wanted, the sample panel has turned out perfect.

There is no point in me putting the picture on here as it has such a depth of shine, all you can see is the workshop strip lights ;-))

The down side is that I now need to buy a much better spray mask, for spraying the 2K.

As will the little pink and green hipos, right over your head, breathing in the fumes isn't to be recomended, not unless your into chemical abuse of course.

Errrrrrr ........ MARRIED WITH  GROWN UP KIDS !!!!!, I get plenty of abuse thanks, and that's with out your two penneth worth Heasmen

So daryl what you are saying is. weither he wants it or not, he is going to get it  

Yeh, its those isocyanates which are the problem!!  ( we can do science on here)  On one of the forums, Lowcost Builders I think, I read about a disposable 2K mask for the seldome user ....... found on evilbay  350690393436, hope it does what it sayes on the tin.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service