DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Well here we go, chassis fabrication work has now been completed and as you can see from the pic below has been stripped back down for final welding and capping of any open box sections, this will start tonight, the roll bar will be cut off again (only tacked on) and sent away for chroming. Rivnuts will be fitted along the bottom chassis rail for the mounting of the side skirts ( stolen the idea from our German friend Jorg )

Two coats of POR15 will then be applied ...........

Views: 1981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Back in the nineties I worked with bodyshops, and got poisoned by isocynates 2 pack, less than 5minutes exposure. Thought I was dying, 3 week with breathing and chest problems, now left with asthma.
You get sensitised to isocynates and any contact gives problems. Stupidest side effect for me was I could not hold or read Auto Trader because fast drying print ink used isocynates.
Be careful not a good feeling.

A quick update ....  good progress over the last few days, custom brackets made for the radiator and fan mountings, along with mountings for the polished stainless steel header tank that I won on ebay a few years ago.

Had to make and run a small wiring loom for a lambda sensor, even though I wont be using one, but the final mapping of the ECU requires the facility for a wide band lambda sensor located approximately 6" away from the exhaust manifold.

The last two switches required, for the heater fan and fog light (xmas gifts) fitted and wired up, and  made a start on the paper templates for the carpet................ even though the car is sitting on tall axle stands and is at a reasonable height to work on, I do wish that I had not eaten as much as I did over the festive period ...... trousers are a bit tight when delving into an engine bay :-)))   

Ade, to answer your question about the radiator, it is from a VW Scirocco . And sits on top of the chassis rails. Brand new on ebay ...... £23.00 + postage, baaaaarrrrrgin :-))

I'm using a Polo one which is very similar, probably slight smaller also £23 new off ebay :-)

I paid £110 for my new Cortina radiator. And its not as if it fits well, it is a bit of a squeeze - just like the one that it replaced.

I paid £10 for my capri rad (which looks in a bad way) but fits the Sierra and most certainly does the job. :-)

i just pay a visit to my local breakers, a rad with fan from any car is £25......

After working 4 1/2 days solid on the S2, things are really starting to come together, all mechanicals apart from the exhaust are now virtually complete, apart from some fettling. I want to put some longer studs in the rear half shafts as am not completely happy with the length through my spacers, only need another 4mm, but am not prepared to bore the spacers any further for safety reasons, and the annoying thing is that I purchased a set of studs, but now only appear to have 7 !!!

So what remains is:- plumbing, body work and interior trim ......... ON TARGET FOR STONELEIGH ;-))))

keep it up Paul,  well done  2014/15  looks like being the Southern Duttoneers year, when we finally dont have those northern folk saying  wheres your cars? the answer will be 

all together now, THEIR BEHIND YOU . :)))))))

Best place for you to be, following the LEADERS...

Unlike you Daryl to be stuck for words, Huh!! is that only a noise!!!

How you getting on Paul? Still on target for Stoneleigh?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service