DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

just found this in my ginnel behind my melos. i think someone has droped in their with a chopper :-)

Views: 3605

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

o another thing whats this glass thing...? :-))

Thats a fuel filter by the looks of it. I assume that was taken from in front of the diff looking backwards?

ETA... a dirty fuel filter too..., might be worth cleaning that out before you try to pump fuel through.

why has it got two filters...? can i do away with that..? yes it was ade.  never seen anything like it looks like its from the 50s lol

Havnt seen one of those for a few years, they used to be fitted to Bedford CF's  they are a water trap.

That is a pretty important bit of kit, it filters before it hits the pump. The next one fine filters before it hits the injectors. All good fun Brian, that's what you get for buying a fancy Sierra, for fancy read fast :-))

From memory they didnt generally have a filter in them, just a screen, as was purely a water trap.  Mind you wouldnt rely on my memory as the last time I cleaned one out on a service was in about  1979  :-))))))) 

Clean it out or replace the filter, put it back and thank it for saving your fuel pump from the sh1te in the tank :)

are thankyou so much gents. i dont think it has a filter as such in it more like some gauze . ill post pics tmz when i take it apart....(break it) :-)))

Hundreds on here, I have a posh one on the  B+ with built in regulator.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m57...

thanks chaps. im more worried about the seal where the bowl fits to to be honest. i think it will disintegrate when i remove it. what they worth then...?

should i just remove it. or leave it alone...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service