DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

A bit confused with the comment some one sent re this listing "Hi, I've been researching your chassis vin tags and I cannot believe it, you have unearthed the holy grail of duttons, this chassis is the very first ever to be made without q identity,I do not believe there is an earlier type alive today.i think as there's only 1 hr to go you seriously reconsider selling for anything less than market value,I'd be tempted to hold out for at least insurance value, which may top out around twelve thousand pounds.this is only an estimate though as very difficult to put a price on such a rare vehicle. definately worth more than what listing is selling for.if you do keep it on ill certainly be bidding,so hope to see you soon. Thanks"

My confusion is the chassis plate photo does not show any marking, plus £12,000 !!  what is he on?

Also,  the V5 or any paperwork is missing!

Out of interest, can anyone (Ade?) tell from the number plate on the pictures - GDO 876N - whether this is genuine.

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He is being wound up. the earlies dutton was built in 1969 the oldest known today is 1970 i think.
its a series 4 so early 1980‘s.......
he did list it as registered as a ford so its not legal now anyway.

Assuming this tool, tries it on and some one who doesnt know the facts ends up buying it,  wouldnt they have a case against him  i think that we as the Dutton owners club, should  at least inform the seller what the car is, then see if he puts that on the details, if he doesn't then, he deserves what ever flak comes his way.

thats why i think that either Ade, or Daryl should as the members responsible for vehicle registrations etc, at least message this person on ebay tell him from the club records what the vehicle is, and what its estimated value is, then its down to the seller, if he ignores it, then if who ever buys it,  once they find the truth, that the car is not historic, and worth a fraction of what they paid for it, will not be very happy  

what he is doing then ammounts to fraud , ebay rules, i think state that the seller can only re list it if he has set a reserve, or if they have concerns with the winning bidder not paying . i dont think you can cancle a winning bid because you didnt get enough for it,  

I'm sure we can rely on Daryl to deliver that message tactfully and with sensitivity...

I'm tied up processing memberships etc  and really should not be posting on here.. :-)

Daryl, if he,s tied up, hadnt he better untie himself first, before he sets light to the company records??:)))

Red lazer sighting  dot between eyes?? is that subtle enough 

Quote" these engines go for £700 on ebay" i wish, my spare would be on already if that were true!

Looks like the seller is in cloud cookoo land,  as steve said its a shed,  he's not removed the misleading statement either, i feel sorry for who ever buys it, if its on the stregnth of what the advert states, then i can see problems, especially if it comes to light that we have infored him of the history of the vehicle.  defently a case of buyer beware

Just had a thought about this, the vin tag predates the registration, so as such is nothing to do with the registration until the vehicle is registered, correct, so all that has happened is the it got the donor vehicle registration, same as most of our vehicles, so does that make ours worth £12,000, of course not, no he has knowingly  made a fause statement and as such broken ebay rules 

Yes Steve, to a degree, but then we know our cars and the marque, we know he's a chancer,  but lets say for example someone buys the wreck, having not reserched it, then finds out that the club had  not told the seller the truth about the vehicle,   at least if that happens we can say we did tell the seller what the car was, he ignored us, 

Its no longer on Ebay, either its been sold, or  been removed ,  cant find any trace of it??

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service