DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

Chance to speak out here gents and ladies, would you welcome a PDF version of Dutton Torque to run a long side the hard copy. Say Aye on here.
For those of you with internet access don't answer

Views: 690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

isnt that a sit up and beg??  or am i getting confused with something else ;)

i am in favour

I am afraid that I do not understand. There is talk of 350 names (and presumably 350 magazines) but £1640 in subscriptions only equates to 136 subscriptions at £12 each. With 350 subscriptions then the club income would be £4200. It makes a big difference.

To be honest, I don't see the point in starting another debate over there, which we all know, will go round and round in circles, chewed over by same people, most of whom are on here anyway, primarily because It would appear that the bulk of the DOC club who don't make themselves known, are not, for what ever reason, interested in sharing what they do, to and with their Duttons. Those  who actually do, are doing it very well on here and Mr G's any way.

If you are going to start lobbying, then perhaps the place to start, would be to get the whole memberships view on the current state of the club and the issues within, by way of a questionnaire sent out to every member. I will gladly post the proposal on the DOC forum if you want.    

I always find it quite amazing that people still do not have internet access, so asked google, and there are more reasons than I had ever thought about, ........

This is an interesting read. Only if you are interested of course !!!!

THE UK OFFICE FOR NATIONAL STATISTICS (ONS) has released its latest internet statistics, revealing that 17 percent of British households still don't have internet access.

ONS' latest figures show that 83 percent of households have access to the internet this year, up from 80 percent in 2012 and 77 percent the year previous. While this shows an increase, it reveals that 17 percent of UK households still don't have access to the internet, equating to around four million homes.

Still, this seems to be mainly down to choice, with most households that lack an internet connection saying they "didn't need it". This means that over two million Brits simply don't want access to the internet.

However, 20 percent said they didn't have internet access because of a lack of computer skills, while the rest of those surveyed said that costs are still too high.

Those 83 percent of households with access to the internet, however, seemingly cannot get enough of it. 36 million adults, or 73 percent of people aged 16 and over, have accessed the internet every day this year, an increase of 20 million compared to 2006.

Almost all of these people are accessing the web to buy things, according to ONS' figures, with 72 percent of adults having made a purchase on the web this year. Those not shopping are probably wasting time on Facebook and Twitter, with 53 percent of adults accessing social networking websites this year. This activity unsurprisingly is most popular among 16-24 year olds, with 93 percent of this age group using social networks.

Younger folk are also opting against accessing the internet traditionally, instead browsing the internet via mobile phone devices.

Almost 90 percent of 16-24 year olds are shunning PCs and laptops in 2013, accessing the internet via mobile devices, with 25-34 year olds and 35-44 year olds picking up on the trend too, as 82 percent and 70 percent, respectively, browsed the internet on mobile phones. Slightly less than 10 percent of people aged 65+ also were doing so, up from around two percent back in 2010.

In total, according to ONS, 53 percent of adults are using their mobile phones to access the internet, with 32 percent choosing tablet or laptop devices instead.

i remember the days before the internet...

So do I and it was grimm

So 83% of households do thus our membership of around 300 x 83% = 249 vs around 50 - 60 members without. So the club spends £1000 per issue for 50 - 60 people. I don't think thats a very good use of club funds. Funds that should be spent helping to keep dutons on the road ie saving rare ones, saving tooling such as the wet weather gear tooling that momsoon is disposing of not printing as mag many of us throw away after a few months. Just because a few don't want to join the 21st century.

FWIW I now use the ipad (last years xmas pressie) as my go to devise for surfing and reading and a pdf of DT ( I scanned one I had as an experiment) works very well on the tablet.

BV any idea what the tooling involves?  as in what are they gettin rid of.

I think its already been said.....why bother with a pdf if everything is already posted online via the forums? It becomes an execise in redundancy. The fact remains that of the 350-400 members the DOC have only 50 odd have ever let their pressance online be known. It would be fair to deduce that they dont use the internet as those of this forum do.
Your argument is much like saying anyone who has alcohol at home is a "drinker" there is no correlation at all with having an internet connection and using it.
As I have said before we get the printing and posting of DT cheaper than we ever have.......

But thats not the point Dave.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service