DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

some pics of the rebuild process,

the top trailing arm bracket is broke......

the diff is sloping back a little (looking up) so that will need sorting.......

As you can see there isn't a lot of bracing in an S1 chassis, that will be sorted.

Views: 22545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah that finishing line is a little hazy .....but its there in the distance.

sometime this year i hope.

well folks i have been saying that i think my car has been involved in an accident as the N/S and the O/S chassis legs are damaged ....i was not too worried as the cross corner measurements were less than 1mm out......

however today i found out something else that is bent......

that is the N/S rollbar......

this is the O/S..........

and here is the roll bar across the top.......

so you can see it has had a bit of a thump......and it is going to be a bit of hassle to sort now. had i spotted it before the modifications it could have been changed easily......

I have started to fiberglass some of the paneling to the rear of the car......so this is where i have got to today.....

Bit of heat and " heave" :-))

been busy today, and i have run out of fiberglass resin and matting so i need to go and buy some more.

some 6mm ply and some fiberglass sheet....

however the crash damage seems to have had other consequences...........

i noticed that the boot seemed low on the drivers side, so i got it level......and the boot now sits above the bracing bar by about 3/4"......but the chassis dont look bent.....not downwards anyway.

i have marked the misalignment on the wing. the car was built by the previous owner "out" by this much as the witness marks on the wing shows. 

well the body misalignment issue seems to be solved. heres how....

first i checked the body was level.......

then i checked the chassis was level as well as the floor its sat on.......it was......so that leaves........Twisted boot moulding. are we surprised?

it needs a 20mm packing on the O/S and then bolting down firmly. And lo and behold it sits level! and the mud wings also align up as they should! (once every thing is bolted down firmly)

i should have known.......my last S1 also used to look lop sided......it drove me crazy trying to find the cause, i think know now.....

I have also worked on the car some more today, the cockpit has the shaping to where the capping will fix. this not only looks better but it also helps keep the car drier when driven.

which meant i could then fit the side panels.....

where i am at by today.......not as far as i would want but there have been problems. now i need to decide on what bonnet to fir....do i go for a dutton bonnet and loose the headlight pods (lots of work) or fit a "7" style nose cone and cycle wings? (much less work i think)

been playing with the nose cone......still not sure.

compare them :-))

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service