DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

30th of April 2012 see the last day of www.thenorthernduttoneers.com after 15 months it will all be gone. Why? because Mircosoft Office Live is changing to Office 365, and asking for £6.99 per month to migrate and continue to use the site on the new business package. No good for what we have used the site for.

I have downloaded the contents to build a new site in the near future, but for now it will be deleted by Microsoft at midnight on the 30th, if you want any of the contents e.g. Tips, build diaries, or photos please feel free to copy them.

We will keep you all informed of things we are up to in the North, through the forum on here. I have retained the domain name www.thenorthernduttoneers.com so the site will be back, in the meantime you can contact us here or direct at thenorthernduttoneers@ntlworld.com . Thanks for your support over the last 15 months and Thanks for read about our adventures.

The Northern Duttoneers.

Views: 288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't panic Mike I have all the pages and info, let me know what you want, I'll see if I can print the Sierra build and bring it with me tomorrow

any sierra info will be gratefully recieved,,

Just an Idea ......... the Ning site, as is used here is the  basic version and costs very little per year to run. If the full version is far more customisable, and a section can be allocated to The Northern Dutoneers so we can all follow their exploits and maybe other groups around the country.  Would the members on here be prepared to share the cost of the full version ?   I would, who else?

i,de chip in,,,

At the Moment Paul this site is funded by Tim Walker. I am sure it would be worth the investment. as when the site first started it had more features e.g. Events, live chat etc. Plus 10 more members and this version is full you can only have 150 members.

Got to be a good topic of discussion

Lets see what Tim thinks on the subject, and see if he is prepared to find out the cost of the full version. But it would also need someone to take the time to have a good look at it, to see if it would do what we want.

http://uk.ning.com/compareplans This is the link to Ning.com

I forgot that at the AGM along with two or three other things too. Could kick myself.

So if we all chipped in a quid we could get some of the other features back?

I know we have discussed this before but i've been to sleep since then.

Add a couple of quid onto the yearly subs and go for our own full blown fully customisable hosted web site ? 

Dave

Bring it round to mine on a memory stick and we'll sort out some 'storage'.

To be honest I can do basic HTML, flash, shockwave, fireworks etc but I don't have the time to do a rebuild on the website and then maintain it.

We are taking steps to do something though as agreed at the AGM, it needs addressing.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service