DuttonOwners

Dutton Kit Cars and their owners

im thinking we should start our own group on face book. it never goes down. and we can all keep in touch much better.....what you guys think....?????

Views: 678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I currently post in 8 forums.

Pistonheads     Very busy site - Discussion only

Retrorides     Very busy site - XSC has its own thread

Autoshite    medium busy site - read only unless I need a part identified

The DOC forum     Hmmmmm

Mr G's site - All my build threads are stored there - also Hmmmmm

Rods and Sods - Very busy site and some very opinionated bodies on there.(just read that one)     

Fordtransit.org     Very busy site - excellent for transit related stuff.

And of course, here.    I come here to get abuse when I can't get it anywhere else :)

I am a member of 20 odd facebook groups including the Northern Duttoneers, DOCI and Oldtimers.... and I go on there once or twice a week as I really don't like facebook.

Its too much, Most of my evenings are spent reading and writing stuff, answering emails and text queries...

This site does have quiet days but on the whole it is the busiest of the dutton related sites by far. Like all the others its what we make of it that counts.

I'm quite happy with this site, like MrG's for reference. Message board used to work well. I have several disguises in and around different sites, plus two Facebook kit car club's, don't think they work any better then this site, people come people go.

I don't dislike this site, but would probably view/post more if it were FB based.

Just spotted on another site that a Canterra build is commencing.

Don't do face-ache never have , never will, its for sheep! migrating there won't change anything because it will be mainly the same people and same problems. This is where the majority of active Dutton people congregate don't see any reason to change that.

i apreciate you comments gents thankyou. think im going to contact ppl on my face book and ask them the same question. some of them never post on here. :-)

One of the differences between a site like this and a Facebook group is that on here there can be dozens or even hundreds of posts on one thread and that still works reasonably but on FB there is usually only a handful, after that it gets difficult to navigate.

One of the complaints about this site is that it can be difficult to find a thread after it is more than a few weeks old. I find it difficult to find stuff on FB after just a few days.

On here there are navigation panels on the main page with recent discussions and blogs.

Personally, I think that the FB model is well suited to people making 'announcements', making statements or telling their friends something. Others can respond but it is not really intended for people to have discussions or debates. So it is good for people who want to transmit and good for people who just want to receive but not so good for debate.

I like Facebook for keeping up with friends and family and I read quite a lot of the stuff in the kit car group that I am a member of but I don't contribute much and nor do most people. There are over 1000 members in the group but only a couple of posts per day. Somehow the format just doesn't seem to work that well.

We have The Northern Duttoneers FB page hardly used, and I set that one up.
There is 148 registered members on here, some stay some go. The same 8-9 people use the site everyday, new members join then stay silent, and that's what will happen with the group going to FB
Maybe the photos are slow to load because the site is at 10.7 GB photo file which 1070% over our 1 GB available storage, not bad for a site you don't have to pay for, that's paid by Tim Walker.
We said before it could be improved by funding the premium site, but no one is interested in doing that.

Daryl is right, I think there was about 6 or 7 of us at the time who said they would be prepared to fund the premium site.  

Sorry yes that is true we did but nothing came of it.

I'm a guilty party in the photo department, so will it help if I deleted a few hundred ?? Serious question by the way.

So, turning this on its head, whats wrong with the facebook page(s) that already cater for Dutton's, why the need for a new site, together we stand, divided we fall and all that sort of thing, we are getting thin on the ground.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tim Walker (The Bodger).   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service