Dutton Kit Cars and their owners
Yes i've fitted the new spring today,managed to get around the seen and unforseen snags of replacing a multileaf spring with a monoleaf , the thing that disappointed me though was that the polybushes that had been fitted to the multileaf springs don't fit the monoleafs, luckily i have enough rubber bushes to get by. So now i need to do the other side as soon as i can.
this is a link to an ebay advert in which the owner thinks his rear end is an improvement on the dutton rear.....hes obviously on drugs...
but just in case it disappears here are some pictures.......…Continue
Dismantling my spare engine block.
As you can see it's now in bits, all carefully laid out on a clean board. What you cant see clearly is crud, oily rust particles which have crept in everywhere, Dave is bringing me some engine wash tomorrow to clean up this mess with. By this time tomorrow I hope to have a pile of nice clean parts to…Continue
Dave My mud guards are stuck on with stikaflex been over the 100 mph with no problems. The top part of the stay is formed in 6mm rod, after the bend it goes down inside tube. I put a bead on top of the rod and bedded the mud guard down and then I put some on the underside of the bar, I then smothed it all in together right round the bar. I would also give the thumbs up for the badge in white wth blue and red lines.
This may be very obvious to some of you folks out there but prior to this method shown i used my vice and various sockets to force the bushes out. however i saw someone use this method to remove some heavy duty bushes on a rear subframe on a Fiat car, and thought DOH! why didn't i think of that.......Continue
one of a few i have found on the net which is a useful guide....
Added by Dave Adams on March 11, 2013 at 7:50 — No Comments